I have a device on my network (I have tried disabling the firewall, turned off the local security settings in the router - everything I can think of) and it just refuses to speak.
No idea what to do!
1 - Router TL-WR841N - 192.168.0.1
2 - Desktop - 192.168.0.2 - The annoying one
3 - Laptop - 192.168.0.3
4 - Phone - 192.168.0.4
At first I thought it was the laptop and desktop refusing to speak to each-other.
But then I found out that desktop can communicate with all other devices fine (one way, from Desktop to the other devices) - but I have tried pinging the desktop, and tried accessing the VMware panel from my laptop, but no success.
- The desktop CAN connect to the internet.
- The desktop can communicate outwards to all other devices
- No devices can communicate inwards to the desktop
- Every now and then the desktop is unable to talk to other LAN devices(but it doesn't last long)
- I have ran Malwarebytes and Avast
- It is not the firewall
- I have tried testing the device on another network to see if it's a problem with the router, and in the end is was not. It's definitely a problem with the desktop
Thanks in advance